NOTICE & INFORMATION
REGARDING MODIFICATION TO IN-PERSON HEARINGS
U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF TENNESSEE
The in-person requirement for dockets, hearings and trials in Nashville is modified as noted below.
For the Nashville Division Consolidated Chapter 13 Motion Dockets on Wednesdays:
Until further notice or as ordered by the Court:
- Contrary to paragraphs 3 and 11 in Administrative Order 2021-3, Order Regarding Return to In-Person Courtroom Operations, parties participating in the Wednesday Nashville Division Consolidated Chapter 13 Motion Dockets will be allowed to appear electronically without the necessity of filing a motion. Except to the extent that telephonic participation is allowed under the terms of Administrative Order 2021-3, participants who choose to appear virtually rather than in person are expected to access the hearing through use of Zoom video. (Access information can be found on the Court’s website.)
- If you choose to come to the U.S. Customs House for the Nashville Chapter 13 motion docket, you must follow the mask and distancing mandates required by the Customs House Facility Security Committee (signage is posted throughout the building). Refusal to adhere to the mandates means you will be refused further entrance. If you are refused entrance to the Second Floor, you will be provided the Zoom video link and/or Zoom call-in number and access code so you may appear electronically. The presiding judge will be notified.
- CM/ECF. The location drop-down list will not change for docket entries relating to LBR 9013-1 “if objection” notices. For Chapter 13 cases in Nashville, you must still choose Courtroom One as the appropriate location (http://www.tnmb.uscourts.gov/9013-availability-calendar). However, you may appear electronically via Zoom, regardless of the indication in the LBR 9013-1 notice, unless the Court orders you to appear in-person.
- Please communicate the information in this notice to your clients and those parties you know might attend the Nashville Division Wednesday consolidated docket.
- Refer to the TNMB website frequently as further revisions or modifications to Administrative Order 2021-3, Order Regarding Return to In-Person Courtroom Operations, may be made.
- All other provisions of Administrative Order 2021-3, Order Regarding Return to In-Person Courtroom Operations not contrary to any provisions stated in this notice are still in effect.
For All Other Nashville Dockets (Other hearings, conferences, etc.)
- Other hearings, including the Chapter 7 and 11 dockets, are governed by the procedures for each judge. Those procedures are posted on the Court’s website at www.tnmb.uscourts.gov.
- Please note that each judge has a personal webpage with further instructions or procedures. Parties are highly encouraged to review those sites.
Please remember that, until further notice, all Cookeville/Columbia dockets will be conducted via Zoom video. There will be no physical presence for the Bankruptcy Court in these two divisional courts.
Zoom links have been established for each Judge presiding in Nashville (at the end of page). Because of certain limitations in CM/ECF, the docket text for Zoom video location only allows for a reference to the TNMB website (to view further details or instructions). This CM/ECF rule also applies to orders. If the CM/ECF docket text for a Zoom video order contains a hyperlink in the docket number, a .pdf document will be attached. Parties are obligated to view the .pdf document as it may contain a specific Zoom link (location) and meeting ID for the judge presiding over the matter.
- Counsel and parties are further advised to check the court website at www.tnmb.uscourts.gov for the latest information regarding the return to in-person hearings and trials.
- Local forms requiring a hearing should be changed to follow the new procedures (i.e., LBR 9013-1 Notices)
- LBR 9013-1 Notices have been provided for use and can be located under the Forms tab > Local Bankruptcy Forms in both PDF and Word formats (Revised 9013-1 Form ZOOM Video Columbia & Revised 9013-1 Form ZOOM Video Cookeville). PLEASE USE THESE FORMS.
Zoom Video Links, Meeting IDs, and Call-In Number - to be used pursuant to Administrative Order 2021-3
Zoom Call-In Number 833-568-8864 US Toll-free (see Meeting IDs below)
Chapter 13 (Consolidated), Cookeville and Columbia Dockets, please use this Zoom link https://www.zoomgov.com/j/16158688354
Meeting ID 161 5868 8354
Chief Judge Harrison, please use this Zoom link https://www.zoomgov.com/j/16029839352
Meeting ID 160 2983 9352
Judge Mashburn, please use this Zoom link https://www.zoomgov.com/j/16124444713
Meeting ID 161 2444 4713
Judge Walker, please use this Zoom link https://www.zoomgov.com/j/16086357633
Meeting ID 160 8635 7633