You are here

National Archives & Records Administration (NARA)

Cases closed for one year or more may be archived at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Kansas City. To determine if a case has been archived, contact the Clerk's Office in your division. For information, visit the NARA website.

To retrieve case information or copies of documents from NARA, the Transfer Number, Location Number, and Box Number must first be obtained from the Clerk's Office where the bankruptcy case was filed.  Archive information can be obtained in person, by phone, or by writing to the Records Department of the divisional office where the bankruptcy case was filed.

Once the archive information has been obtained, place records requests directly with NARA.  For more information download this form.

Contact the court for any questions at 615-736-5584.